Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Fanfest 2018: Last Thoughts Before The Show Begins

I'm about to leave the hotel to go to the Harpa and attend the press briefing. Ever wonder how all those articles about events at conventions are published so quickly? The press gets a briefing and then a few hours to write their stories. The press briefing for Fanfest begins at 9:30am and the keynote takes place from 1700-1800. Expect articles to appear either during the keynote or right after the presentation finishes.

I expect something big to come out of Fanfest, just based on the number of journalists running around. Yesterday's tinfoil is about as far as I intend to go until after the keynote, though. I should add a CSM candidate is pushing around a list of CSM candidates. I have refrained from publishing the link as the information has changed since I first saw it 36-48 hours before the information appeared on the EVE Online sub-Reddit. Who knows if the information will change again. At this point, I could wait for the official announcement. I will say if the list is correct, I only see 6 seats up for grabs, with 4 seats pretty much locked up.

Time to walk over to the Harpa now. If you can catch the live stream, I'd suggest doing so. I have the feeling those watching the stream will have a better sense of what is happening than those of us here on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment